CCTV Africa is China Central Television’s news productions centre in Nairobi, Kenya. CCTV-Africa is expanding and is seeking experienced, dynamic and professional applicants for the following job vacancies:-
DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER
The CCTV Africa Digital Media Department develops and manages all CCTV Africa’s online platforms including the Website, Facebook page, You Tube page, Twitter account and G+ page.
Digital Planners have editorial control for all content posted online by CCTV Africa and drive awareness of and engagement with the channel online.
Digital Planners ensure that the most compelling content from Assignments is captured and posted on the digital platforms.
They manage Digital Editors, Digital Program Editors and Digital Video Editors to ensure that all current Africa News and CCTV Africa program information is available across the Channel’s online platforms.
Digital Planners are the bridge between the Digital Media Department, The Newsroom, and the Correspondents and Reporters.
Educational background and experience:
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, working in News or Media organisations, creating digital output for African Audiences.
- Knowledge of Social Media Analytics & Social Media Reporting Tools.
- Reporting experience will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional English editing skills and a concise writing style for social media.
- Great news judgement.
- Established social media presence.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A genuine appreciation and excitement about the internet.